Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A box for my Magic.


In the mid-90's I was really into Magic the Gathering. As my collection grew, storage and transport became a problem. I had finished all my required projects in my sophmore shop class and had time to make another creation of my choice. So I made a simple box to hold my Magic cards. Simple enough. As I grew older, fellow players grew sparse,I had moved away from my hometown and the box and cards were kinda forgotten about. My sister started dating a guy who played back in the 90's too. I dug out the cards to play a game and the first thing I noticed was the box could use a spruce up. So that's what I did. The "guy" is now my brother-in-law and we play every couple of months or so. All my cards are Legends through 4th edition and I love to play green and white. As you can see the the box is woodburned with a conflicting mix of Tolkien drawn motifs. Smaug, Feanor's Star, seven stars and the Magic the Gathering symbols. Yes, I know the skull is wrong. The hardware is cheap home depot crap that barely works but I still like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment